Baby Jogger City Select Stroller
The City Select stroller by Baby Jogger is one of a kind! It's a multi-functional stroller that allows parents to mix and match seats, bassinets, and infant seats to customize their stroller.
We recommend that the City Select is a great match for parents of newborn/infant twins, or parents with a newborn and a young toddler sibling.
The Baby Jogger City Select is sold as a single seat stroller, and it expands to what your family needs -- you can add the optional bassinet, infant seat mount(s), or second seat. The City Select can accommodate nearly any combination of bassinet, seat(s), or infant seat(s). Keep in mind that for any combination of two children, you need to purchase the Baby Jogger Second Seat Kit, which includes the mounting kit for the front position.
Of particular importance to encourage bonding with baby, one or both seats on the City Select can face the parent -- or older babies and toddlers may enjoy the forward-facing view.
Improved for 2011
The 2011 City Select stroller has a few enhancements:
- The seat has better padding for your child's comfort.
- The seat itself has been deepened by one inch.
- The seat now also offers more support rather than the prior year's hammock-style seating.
Basically, the 2011 Baby Jogger City Select has all the improvements needed for greater comfort for your child! The rest of the stroller remains unchanged.
The City Select stroller comes with Baby Jogger's famous Quick-Fold technology and it folds flat with one seat in a single step. This Baby Jogger stroller can also fold with two seats attached, with a slightly larger folded size.
Everything about the City Select is designed around versatility -- whether you're using the bassinet, adapter, or seat; each one of them easily clicks on and off in just a few seconds.
Seat recline options
On the Baby Jogger City Select, the seats have a very deep recline, but the recline range depends upon how the two seats are positioned. With only one seat on the stroller, it has a full recline in forward and reverse positions. For two seats, when both seats face forward, there is a very limited recline range. When the two seats face the parent (i.e., in reverse position), they can individually or both be fully reclined. When the seats face each other, they can both be fully reclined.
Each seat on the City Select stroller comes with a generous three-panel sun canopy with a peek-a-boo window. The canopy mounts in two positions on the seat frame - the lower position provides 21 inches of headroom, and the upper position provides 24 inches of headroom for older children.
Also for parents' convenience, the Baby Jgger City Select stroller's storage basket is very large, for carrying a diaper bag and all other essentials that two children would require.
The bottom line
The overall push and handling of the Baby Jogger City Select is better than any other tandem (front/back seating) stroller we've evaluated, the fold is simple, and the versatility is amazing!
- Patented Quick-Fold technology
- Multi-position seat reclines
- Telescoping adjustable handlebar for short to tall parents
- Huge underseat storage basket
- Adjustable 5-point safety harness with shoulder pads and padded buckle cover
- Front wheel suspension
- 8" lightweight front quick-release wheels with sealed ball bearings
- 12" forever-air rear tires feel like air-filled, but never go flat
- Rear parking brake is hand controlled - no scuffed shoes
- Each seat includes accessory mounting bracket for City Select accessories
- 90 lb. maximum weight capacity